Mole Removal. A progression in pictures.


*Disclaimer. I am not medically trained, and have only done surface research on this method of removing a mole or skin tag. I do not recommend this process as a default practice. It is better to get a trained professional to advise you for your specific needs. Since executing my personal experiment, I have been warned that the root of a mole or skin tag exists under the surface of the skin as well, and a professional should be consulted in order to assure that the entire anomaly is addressed.


That being said, this was a free and entertaining method of removing a protruding wad of biology from my jawline.


I used to enjoy my “beauty mark” as a gift of nature, like a small note of individuality. But, very slowly, it morphed. It grew and changed in tiny increments that caused it to become less like a cute raised bump, and more like a mini raspberry. I had seen pictures and read accounts of others who had used string to remove their moles, and was curious to try it, but hadn’t been compelled to lose my mark until I was convinced that it was no longer attractive.
With the assistance of a friend, a length of dental floss was tied tightly around the base of my mole in a simple knot until it stung, but did not cause high pain. The knot was to be tightened over time until the flesh became dead and fell off – a castration of my skinberry. After a day or so, it was decided that a slip knot would work better, and that sewing thread was easier than floss to grip and tighten. It was also decided that covering the experiment with a modest bandage during the process was actually more distracting than the string-laced bulge on my face. And, a bandage’s adhesive is painfully aggressive toward the tiny hairs on my jawline, and I did not care to have repeated extractions of my naissance.
The stinging feeling reoccurred at each tightening, but always dissipated within moments. As predicted from other accounts, the mole slowly swelled and darkened with blood, became tender, shrank, became numb, and eventually fell off. The final incarnation resembled a peppercorn – very hard, small, and black.
I considered preserving the curiosity in a tiny bottle of sciencey liquid for the fascination and disgust of any who dared to observe it. However, the thing rolled out of my grip and under a dresser, where I assume it is busily forming its own habitat.
My process took about 2 weeks, including a couple of days of scabbiness and healing. This amount of time may be due to the thickness of my mole’s base. Others stories claim just a few days. Process time may also been shortened with firmer and more frequent tightenings.
The result is a small scar, which I accept as the rebirth of my beauty mark.



image image image image image image image imageimage image image image    image image image image image





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s